Sunday, August 01, 2004

How about I give you the finger, and you give me my phone call?

So, here it is, approaching 6 p.m. local time. I'm sooo tired it's not even funny, so this may be a very short entry. The dinner was pretty cool. There were some people there that I hadn't seen yet, and I even won some buffet tickets. Our golf team took 3rd place, and I was the only person from the team to show, so I got all the winnings. Grin. Only 40 bucks, but it's mine...all mine...

I got to talk to H. God she looked good last night. She's married, living in Chicago. The party was at a local golf course clubhouse. Food was alright, and the event was scheduled to end at 11:00. Somewhere around 10:30, a high school drinking buddy of mine came up to me with the news. There was a party at his house, and they had a keg. Needless to say, it was like the intervening 20 years had never happened. Everyone was walking around, trying to share the news. There's a party at... P's house?... Yeah...I know...you going...yeah...ok..see you there.

11:00 rolls around, and they kick us out. Got a lift to the party with a friend. They weren't going, as they were slated to go waterskiing today, and didn't want to be useless. When I got to the party, the Mexicali game was well underway, and I can't tell you how it took me back. Seeing all those people, learning all about thier lives. It was good. H showed up to the party, which was nice. We got to talk more. J, another girl that I was a bit gone on in school was there too. She's great. We talked and talked last night. We managed to kill the keg, and then couldn't find anyplace to buy another at...whatever time it was. I don't wear a watch, and time's been a bit wonky this weekend anyhow. They did make a beer run tho, and came back with tons of beer. The party continued. Slowly, people began to leave. I'm not sure what time it was, but soon there were only a handful of us left. At the end, there were 4. J, one of my better friends from school, J ( the girl I'd crushed on), H, and myself.

As always, I was at the table to the last. Seems like it's always like that when there's a party going on. At that point, we sort of mutually decided to end the party. J, the male friend was crashing at the party house. J and H were staying at a hotel which happened to be close to my house, so we got a cab and headed out. I got home at the ungodly hour of 5 a.m. I staggered upstairs, stripped off, and passed out.

I swear, I got no sleep all weekend. It short terms, it was this Friday night out, home at 3:30 Sat morning. Golf at 8:30 Sat morning. Golf ended at about...well, I got home at about 3:30 in the afternoon. The dinner was scheduled for 6:30. I took a nap...bout an hour, and was at the dinner at 6:30. And, as I've said, that turned into an all nighter. The sun was just starting to rise as I stumbled home from the motel. I managed to sleep to 11:00 this morning tho, which is pretty unheard of for me. I can't sleep late.

I have to say, the reunion was good. I'd suggest that when your's comes up you should go. However, as I said above, I am dead tired, so I'm going to cut this off now.

I had a request to list out the movie titles, and I'll do it. Perhaps tomorrow, or if I get lively, later tonight.

Later,

T.

2 comments:

lady godiva said...

great weekend...wow...my reunion - 15 - didn't go and there was NOTHING like this planned...
lucky

the sleep thing -
you'll catch up old man...
and you know it was worth it

Beth said...

I tried going to my 10 yr, but it didn't work out that way, seeing as it was in California and I live in Missouri. :| Maybe I'll make the next one, I've only got about 8 yrs to work on it. :p