Thursday, December 04, 2008

And then the cops showed up and hauled him away.....

Working in a pawn shop, it might not surprise you to find out that I see cops in the store on a semi-regular basis. It's not that we're all that disreputable, but some of the folks getting loans from us are.

It's not like they show you in the movies. Not at all.

For one thing, you need a picture id to sell/get a loan against something. Most of the criminals in the movies never have one, and thus, in reality, would never get any money.

Secondly, you can't just 'trade some stuff for a gun.' Yes, we sell guns, quite a few actually (even more since mr anti gun won the presidency) but in order to walk out of our store with one, you need the aforementioned picture id, and you have to pass a background check.

This is accomplished with a phone call, and if you've been a good boy (or girl) it usually takes less than 10 minutes. If you have a common name, or a name similar to a fugitives, it can take up to 3 days. Either way, the state runs your name, and if you come up dirty, you leave empty handed.

Ok, I guess I've digressed enough. My only point was that I'm used to seeing cops in my store, and I've gotten further off track than I intended.

So yesterday, T (my boss) comes into my office, and says 'we need your office for a few minutes.' I look up and see two suits, obviously detectives, and G, a recent hire at the store.

I gathered up the jewelry I was working on, and headed out of my office to put it in the safe, my curiosity runnin' wild. I went out to the other computer I use regularly (work email and such) and waited until I could get back to listing. After a bit, one of the detectives came out of the office talking on his cell phone. Shortly after that, the other came out, and went into T's office, closing the door behind him.

He spent a few minutes in there, and then the two of them left, with G in tow.

And the worst part is, that's all we know. The cops didn't give us an explanation, they just swept him away, leaving his van parked at the store.

I haven't been in yet (obviously) so I don't know if there's any new inforama on the sitch, but if I hear anything, you'll be the first to know.

As if you care.

In other news....


I've got a couple posts I'm trying to get up, but something always seems to push them into the background.

Keep an weather eye out for 'Fun with peanuts,' 'Strange names,' and 'Technology rocks' sometime in the near future.

I hope.

Buenos con queso,

T.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Dude. It's like, NCIS or some shit.

I'm keeping my 'weather eye' out. Or open. Or...whatev.