Wednesday, December 03, 2008

You can take all the Christmas music and shove it up your ass.....

I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but I can't stand Christmas music.

Well, that's not entirely true, I suppose, but I really only need to hear the songs like, once a year, and then I'm done. That's not usually how it goes, though.

Take, for example, the radio station that they play at work. They're in their full on 'all Christmas, all the time' mode, and it's slowly driving me insane.

Or not so slowly.

Listening to holiday music all day long is a low-grade form of tortue.

Let's pick a song at random....or not, 'cause I know which one I'm going to use: Jingle Bell Rock. I like this song.

Kinda. It always takes me back to Mean Girls, which I suppose isn't the most butch admission I've ever made, but the other day I heard it five fucking times!!!!

I mean, really?

And it's not just that one, of course. I chose that song to prove a point. If I can get that fed up with a song that I kinda like, how pissed off do you think I am after hearing 'Silver Bells', or 'Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree' for the 3rd or 4th time.

In a day?

You have no fucking idea.

I mean, it's not like I'm a humbug or anything. I like Christmastime, and the holiday season in general, I just wish they didn't bombard us with the same old songs, 24/7 from November whateverth until December 25th.

C'mon radio stations/retail stores. Give us a break.

Buesno con queso,

T.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Scrooge. ;)

As you can imagine, I am one of those that *gasp* ENJOYS listening to Christmas music 24/7.

I'm ate up with Christmas.

I'm starting to plan my package. I promise it will get there by Christmas. :)

Princess Sparkle Pants said...

HAH! As soon as you said Jingle Bell Rock, I was picturing Mean Girls, too. Good job, us.

I kind of like Christmas songs, but I refuse to listen to the radio because I don't want to over-hear them. I want to hear them in the 10 minutes I am at the mall, or the grocery store. That's it. If they only played Bono or Don Henley sings Christmas songs, I could listen to them all day. Or that one with David Bowie and Bing Crosby...