Friday, December 05, 2008

Technology is coooool.....

As most of you have prolly surmised, either just from casual reading here, or from the fact that I have a tendency to gush about things technical on a semi-regular basis, I'm a tech nut.

It can be summed up pretty well by this phrase: 'If it's cool, and it's electronic, I want 2, and I pretty much want them.....yesterday.'

It's always been that way, and I'm not sure if it's just a guy thing, or if it has more to do with the era that I grew up in.

I mean, a lot of guys I know, they like tech, but it's very narrowly defined. My Pops, for example is all about the new HD TV's, but couldn't really care less about iPods, computers, or the next hot game console.

Hell, he doesn't even have (or know how to use prolly) a cell phone.

Me tho?

Yeah, I'm a whore for it.

I wait with bated breath for the next advance.

The cell phone that shoots video as well as still photos? Yup, got one.

Digital SLR? Yeah, got one of those too.

You already know I'm a slave to my PS3. Hell, I remember how stoked I was when CD's came out. Really? A whole album on this little thing?

That's so fuckin' cool.

Dvd's? Even cooler, cause there's so much more on one. Portable external hard drives? I have a 500 gig one. There's one thing I never got before, though, and I'm kinda glad I waited.

I'm referring, of course, to the USB flash drive. You know, that handy little thing you plug into one computer, transfer data to, and then plug into another computer to retrieve the data. Much quicker, eaiser, and fun than burning a cd/dvd. More cost efficent too, cause you don't waste the cd/dvd.

So, without further ado, I give you:

My new flash drive

I know it's small, but that's just on the outside.

On the inside, this baby sports an unbelieveable 8 gigs of storage. According to Apple's website, an 8 gig nano can hold up to 2,000 songs in 128-Kbps AAC format, 7,000 iPod-viewable photos or up to 8 hours of video.

I know, right?

This tiny little thing holds as much as 2 DVD's. It's also made of stainless steel, and is water resistant. You can literally wash fingerprints off.

The best part? This little baby only set me back $19.99, and that was with free shipping. Yeah, less than 20 bux. I'm such a cheap date.

In Other News


Please give a big shout out to Kilamori. She's having her birthday today, and everyone likes birthday wishes. I know, most of you are shocked that I used a full name on my blog instead of an initial, but fear not: Kilamori is her EQ character's name, so I'm not betraying any confidences. I've known her for a good portion of my EQ career, and if all goes well, I may be visiting her and her hubby/family this summer. Cross your fingers.

Buenos con queso,

T.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Geek.

Miss you!

*humps*

T.J. said...

That's total geek, thank you.

And humps back.

T.