Saturday, June 27, 2009

Another meaningless milestone......

This is my 900th post.

That number staggers me. 9 fucking hundred posts.

I remember my first post, and I remember the day I started my blog.

Ok, so to honor this dubious occasion, I'm going to do a 'mail post.'

I should also apologize to Herman for taking so long to post these, but this is the stuff he sent me:

A couple of discs of EYES ONLY CLASSIFIED TOP SECRET DISCS:




I could tell you what's on them, but then I'd have to kill you.....

A calculator:




A Slim Jim:



As you can see, I couldn't even wait long enough to get a picture of it before I tore into it.

An Old Navy tin cup:



That I'm currently using to hold my pens:




Herm was also one of the folks I requested dirt from, and he sent me this:




He told me the story of that dirt, and I looked for the email with the explanation, but I couldn't find it...Herman, if you read this, please tell the story again in the comments.....

Ok...I got a few other things that day, but I'm going to break this into 2 posts, as this is gettttttttinnnnnnnggg Looooooooooong.

Buenos con queso,

T.

8 comments:

HoosierHerm said...

O.K. That vial of Indiana dirt contains fragments of bricks that I salvaged from my family's original farmhouse before it was razed in 2002 to make room for a new garage.
The homestead was founded near Brooklyn, Indiana,by my Great,(4 Greats) Grandfather. It began with the "40 acres and a Mule" that he was awarded for his service during the War of 1812. I think he started clearing and farming around 1823.
The Bricks used in the Farmhouse, which was the third or fourth house built on the land, came from a brickyard created by my Great,Great,Great Grandfather Thomas Morgan. He had sold it by the turn of the 20th Century, when bricks made there were used to build the Indianapolis 500 track at Speedway Indiana. That's why Indy's track is still called "The Brickyard, and there is still a yard of bricks at the finish line.
The Giant Slim Jim was created by Frito-Lay ! LoL

HoosierHerm said...

"900 Posts" WoW, that's a lot !
If I could take all the web pages and blogs I've built since the early nineties, I would probably have 900, but that would be over a 19 year period !
Now,... If you could pull your ass away from EverQuest for a half-hour a day, you could quickly make it a thousand posts !
P.S. I use that Cup's twin for the exact purpose that you do. Unless you are camping, those tin cups get too damn hot when filled with coffee, plus, they hold a lot, and part of it gets cold while you are on the can gettin' rid of the first half's results ! LoL, I'm just sayin'..

Whiskeymarie said...

Crap! I forgot I still owe you some dirt!

Good job on the box o' fun, Herman!

T.J. said...

Herm: Thanks for that. I know I have that fucking email somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

Whiskeymarie: No worries. You said in your last that it would have to wait a bit, and I'm nothing if not patient.

Anonymous said...

If I had known you were wanting dirt... (read my latest post).

I LOVE that cup - will have to try to find one here!

Now I'm curious as to how many posts I have, between my old blog & current one...

Kelwhy said...

I don't think 900 is so meaningless... ;) very cool!

dirt - what in the world are you doing with dirt?

Anonymous said...

I've got more!

neener neener neener! :P

T.J. said...

Q: Well, I was gonna ask when I sent you your second batch of change....but you haven't asked for any more yet....

Kelwhy: I'll send you a link to the dirt answer by email..

I have your email, right?

Q: :P