Sunday, September 16, 2007

A day of rest.....

Why is it that vacation wears you out more than your daily routine, I wonder.

I had tons of fun at Dland/California Adventure, but the amount of walking is always an issue. Every night, upon returning to the hotel, my feet were fucking killing me, and I was so tired I could barely keep my eyes open.

That lead to early bed times, which, of course lead to early rise times. I don't think I slept past 5 am a single morning.

Except for the last day, of course.

My alarm (on my phone) woke me from a deeeeep sleep at the stroke of 5, and I was not a happy camper. I called my sis (cause i told her i would) and did the final 'gather everything up' run around.

3 hours later, my sister arrived, and we headed home.

Yes, 3 hours. We were supposed to leave at 7, but you know how things go. We took the 'back way' home this time, and while not very scenic, it did get us all the way home in a little over 8 hours.

Less, if you don't count the time we spent in lovely downtown Bishop, CA. I'm sad to say that we missed Mule Days, but what can you do?

Compared to some of the towns we rolled through though, it seemed as if we had driven into downtown Dallas. With such notable towns as Independence, Big Pine, and Lone Pine behind us, it was refreshing to see open business, working cars, and actual people wandering the streets.

But I'm getting ahead of the story.

I'm going to work on processing the photos today (a major chore i can tell you) and should have a blog summarizing the trip in a day or two. I don't plan to post all 700 or so photos that I took, but I'll have the cream of the crop up here, and may post more over at photobucket or flikr if anybody is interested.

Ok, it's time to go get some blank cd's so I can make photo discs for my mom, sis, ex, and my granny Millie.

Pulpo de las muertes,

T.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Dead pulp? What?

I can't wait to get the full rigormaroll!! (however the fuck you spell that, I don't really care. :D)

Feel free to post on Flickr, I'll be there! :D

Glad you had a great time. You would have had an even better had you taken me with you. :D
*humps*

T.J. said...

Pulpo = octopus so it's Octopus of the dead....or something.....

As I said, we'll shoot for next year. Find out what a ticket will cost to Anaheim (plane ticket that is) and we'll see what we can do.....

T.