Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I couldn't help myself.....

Well, to be perfectly honest I guess I could have, but where's the fun in that. You see, our coffee grinder died yesterday, and we had to go get a replacement. That meant a trip to WalMart.....

I have a running love affair with their $5 movie bin, as you well know. Sometimes (like this evening) they also have special movie deal displays in the front of the store.

Today the deal was $3.98. Of course, the only reason I had any money to spend at all is because of my luck at keno last night. The worst part is, there's never just one movie that I have to have.

From the $3.98 display, I got: Paycheck (in widescreen for a dollar less than the full screen version i refused to buy), Mission Impossible: III, Nacho Libre, and The Stepford Wives. I had planned on getting a movie or two, but like I said, for the price I had to get these 4.

Now, fast forward about 15 minutes, and picture me at the infamous $5 bin. See me standing there? Well, if you look closely, you'll see that I have four more movies in my hand. Yes, that's right, I couldn't help myself.

There are some movies I've been looking to buy for a while, and when I find them in widescreen for 5 bucks a pop, you just know they're going home with me.

So, to the list above, add Charlie's Angles: Full Throttle, not technically one I'd been searching for, but it's a special, unrated edition. Clash of the Titans, a classic that I've loved since I first saw it circa 1982, True Lies(another all time fave), and Not Another Teen Movie.

Ok, now that last one isn't one I've been hunting for, nor have I even seen it. I expect it to be bad.

I expect it to be cheesy.

I also expect that I may never watch it more than once, but I did see many of the horror films it's based on, and it is the special, unrated edition. I'm a big fan of unrated editions, simply because the MPAA is such a waste of time.

Don't believe me? Watch the documentary This Film is Not Yet Rated sometime.

And the best part? With the exception of The Stepford Wives, all of the abovementioned movies are widescreen, and all but 2 (clash and teen movie) have commentaries.

I love commentaries.

So, yeah. I spent like 40 bucks on movies. Well, the Gold Dust West did anyhow.

Ok, I'm outtie.

Buenos con queso,

T.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I love cheap shit.

Vio con tacos.

T.J. said...

Heh.

Yeah, cheap is good.

T.