Monday, October 13, 2008

I've been remiss.....

But then, you know that.

I guess I could say I've been busy.

Cause I have. I mean, there's work, and that's like every day. Then, there's Assassin's Creed. I swapped my CoD4 for it.

Not permanently or anything. Once we've finised our respective games, we'll swap back.

Uhm....well, my back's kinda been out too. It's an on again, off again thing, so I never know how long I'll be able to sit upright without pain.....

Oh, and I went to see Santana this past Friday.

I didn't tell you? Oh, well you know D? My other roomie? Well, he's a server (which i think ive mentioned) and one of his regular customers tipped him with a pair of tix to the show.

He couldn't make it, so the aforementioned tix found their way into my posession. I went with D (a different one) and it was fucking awesome.

It made me nostalgic, as I remember seeing him play at Bill Graham's memorial show.

A quote from the article:
On November 3, 1991, a free concert called Laughter, Love and Music was held at Golden Gate Park to honour Graham....An estimated 300,000 people attended to view many of the entertainment acts Graham had supported including Santana, Grateful Dead, John Fogerty, Robin Williams, Journey, and a reunited Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young.



They failed to mention Bobby McFerrin, Tracy Chapman, and I'm thinking a couple more. My g/f at the time and I were on the lawn before the sun came up, waiting for the show to start.

The music started at 9am, and ended around 6pm. It still ranks as the second greatest concert experience of all time. Tied for 1st of course are all my Rush shows.

And it happened almost seventeen years ago.

What the fuck, over?

Buenos con queso,

T.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Dude. You're old.

Glad you had an awesome time with Santana. Hope you got your ROCK on.

Or something.


*humps you with queso*