Wednesday, October 08, 2008

The truth is out there.....

And it isn't pretty.

No, actually, I just used that because I bought Season 1 of The X-files. If you haven't watched it, I highly recommend it.

I was resistant to the show when it first came out. Having cut my teeth on such shows as The FBI, and later all the 're-enactment' shows where they do cheesy versions of unsolved cases with bad actors, I thought it another show in the same vein.

One day, prolly somewhere about the time the 2nd or 3rd (maybe 4th) season was airing, I found a previously viewed VHS (remember those) in the bin for a mere $5.00, and I figured what the hell. I wouldn't have bought it even at that price, but for the fact that one of the girls I worked with raved about the show.

This tape sat unnoticed and unwatched in my collection for quite some time (a year maybe) before my girlfriend at the time and I decided to watch it.

The tape consisted of the episodes 'Pilot' and 'Deep Throat.' Well, as you might imagine Pilot was the pilot of the series. Shocking, no? Deep Throat, was of course, the 1st actual episode.

I was immdiately pleased that there wasn't a 'host' telling me what was in store for tonight's show.

As the credits rolled on Pilot, I sat there in a state of shock. This show was fucking awesome. The second episode was as good or better than the pilot. From that day on, I was hooked.

I started watching it every week, started looking for tapes of older shows....you name it, I was after it. I was an avid fan for several seasons, then life got in the way, as it will, and I stopped watching.

I think they changed the night it was on or something, either way, I just kinda left.

In retrospect, it's prolly a good thing that I didn't watch the 1st season when it aired, as it prolly wouldn't have made it as long as it did.

I'm not sure what prompted the purchase, but I'm sooooo loving it again. There were, of course, episodes that I never saw, and others that I missed like old friends. Both are currently the object of near-obsessive viewing at the mo, which explains my lack of.....

Well, anything.

Haven't been posting, haven't been playing eq.....or any other vid....just been veging and watching Mulder and Scully (you bet shes on the list) chase the unknown.

Ok, now I'm going to be late for work....

Buenos con queso,

T.

5 comments:

Beth said...

X-Files rocks my sox. (yeah, I'm working on it)

BTW...I HAVE A JOB INTERVIEW AT 2:00PM. TODAY.

*squeal*

sue said...

I have been an X-Files fan since day 1. Welcome to the dark side...

Princess Sparkle Pants said...

Have you watched... um... what's that new show that is sort of X-Files-y with a one-word title? What's it called? I can't freaking believe I can't remember.

Anyway, you maybe would like it.

Beth said...

You know, I really think it's time for you to post.

You know, something in your usual witty way. Or even a rant, or something.

Just sayin'

T.J. said...

BB: Sorry you dint get the job.

Sue: Thanks, good to be back.

PSP: Is Fringe what you're looking for? If it is, then no, I haven't.

BB: There you go.

T.