Sunday, October 05, 2008

My tea is getting preachy.....

I'm not really much of a tea drinker. In fact, you could call me a less than casual tea drinker.

I have the occasional Nestea canned one, and sometimes will get an iced tea (flavored and hfcs laden) from the fountain at one of the ffj's, but actual brew-it-in-a-cup tea?

Yeah, not so much.

It's not that I don't like it, but rather that I just never think about it. Not to mention the fact that you have to have tea in order tea to make tea. So the other day (like months ago) I was reading something on some blog somewhere about someone drinking something called Kava tea.

I don't remember where I was, nor how I got there, but the descripion of the tea's effects intrigued me. I remember reading that it could be purchased at Whole Foods, and since we just had one open in Reno, I asked my sis to see if she could find me some.

She brings me a box of this,and I read the box.

Along with the warning:

Warning

'Not for use by persons under 18 years of age?' 'Excessive use...may impair your ability to operate a vehicle or heavy machinery!?!' This is sounding better and better....

And, of course the Yoga connection/explanation:

Yoga


It sounded promising, so I opened the box and pulled out an envelope; tore it open. The aroma was amazing. Cinnamony and spicy and wonderful. I unwrapped the string and made a discovery...

They decided to put little yoga/buddhist sayings on the tea tags (is that what you call them), and I guess given the whole nature of the thing I'm ok with it, but when my tea tells me to:

Preachy 1


I think things are getting a little out of hand.....

Just thought I'd share.

Buenos con queso,

T.

5 comments:

Beth said...

No, no....I think that is about right.
Your tea is correct.
You should listen to your tea.

Then, after consuming said tea, get into the Lotus position and say, "ohhhmmmm".

Your tea will thank you.

Andrea (Off Her Cork) said...

Oh I gotta get me some of that tea! How was it?

Michelle said...

That's awful deep for tea...

Thoughts like that should be reserved for something as spectacular as a fortune cookie.

Thanks for stopping by on your layover. Come back anytime!

Princess Sparkle Pants said...

Wow. What I like about this is the conundrum. If you don't recognize that you are the truth, ARE you the truth??? Hmm- think about THAT!

T.J. said...

BB: Heh.

Andie: Mmmmmm...

Michelle: Anytime. Thanks for popping in.

PSP: My brain hurts now.

T.