Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Strange emails from the ethesphere.....

And no, I'm not talking about my spam...I plan on doing a blog about my spam at some point, but I always seem to put it off....

In any event, as you know (if youve read here for any length of time)one of my duties at work is to answer the store emails.

I get all kinds, just like my personal email.

Some are for one of the managers, or someone else in the store. These are dutifully printed out and hand delivered to the intended recpient. Often, they'll come back to me and tell me to respond, and what they'd like the response to be.

I also get spam at work (big surprise) but just like home, I neither open, nor read same. I simply bounce them to the sender, camoflauging our working email addy as a broken one.

I also get (rarely) emails asking valid questions about stuff on ebay or gun broker, or on the terms of our layaway.

Yes, we offer layaway. Even for things bought online. It's a wonderful world, and we're doing our best to make it better.....

I don't know if I've bitched about it here or not, but a good portion of my ebay mail contains only a single question: 'Do you have a "buy it now" price for this?'

Now, if any of you have been on ebay, you know that if there is a buy it now price, it's right fucking there!! If there isn't a buy it now price....well...there fucking isn't one there!!!

Well, needless to say, I got one of those today, to which I sent the usual response:

'Sorry, but my boss (and owner of the store) wants anything that we list to run the full length of the auction.

Thanks,

T.J.'

That's verbaitm. I mean, I've typed that enough times that I could type it with my eyes closed. Well, since I'm a touch typist, I can type pretty much anything with my eyes closed, but you get my point.

Somewhat later, I received an email telling me that 'I want to put this on layaway now, how do I do that' on an item that was still on auction!! I respond by saying that if someone is high bidder, and wins our item at the end of auction, we invoice them for a down payment, and go from there.

To which this fucktard responds 'Dang it. I thought you'd quote me a price and take it off of auction, and then I'd just pay it off all at once.'

I looked at the previously deleted email, and sure enough, it was the same prick I'd told earlier that we don't end auctions.

I swear, I fucking hate people.

Buenos con queso,

T.

No comments: