Thursday, March 11, 2010

You know something I don't need?

One more fucking person to tell me that I should get a fucking bike!!!!

I'm fucking serious, folks.

For some reason, the fact that I'm between vehicles seems to being the adviceniks out of the woodwork. For the record, I'm not adverse to bike riding. I've had my share of bikes, and while I've enjoyed riding them, most of my rides involved simple back and forth trips, which I suppose is what we're talking about, here, but with some important differences.

For example, the trip from my house to work takes just about as long walking as it would riding a bike against the wind, which due to our mountain winds would be both ways for me.

Also, as soon as you mount a bike, you're piloting a 'vehicle' and are subject to traffic laws. As a pedestrian, I always have the right of way. When a gust of wind blows sand in my face (a regular occurance) I can lower my head without fear of wrecking.

I don't have to find a place to lock up my shoes, either.

Are folks so adverse to walking in this day and age that the thought of someone doing it makes them want to fix something that's not broken?

I don't know, but the next person that says that to me stands a fair chance of getting punched in the chops.

I'm just sayin'.

Buenos con queso,

T.

1 comment:

faithie said...

so you don't want me to bring you a bike to ride for work???
LOL jus kidding dear friend.
missing you and thinking of you lots.

love ya, me