Sunday, March 14, 2010

The strangest thing.....

I haven't posted about music in a while, but here goes.

So, I'm cruising through iTunes, building a playlist of 'essentials.'

There are some songs that I just have to be able to listen to whenever I want. Here, in no particular order, are a few of them.

1. Jet Airliner, by Steve Miller. (i love the joker and fly like an eagle but hear them too much)

2. Heart of Glass, by Blondie. (the original not the funky disco one *must* have the word ass or wph wtp)

3. Life in the Fast Lane, by The Eagles. (this is prolly #2 on my atf list)

4. Hard Headed Woman, by Elvis Presley. (he really was The King)

5. Juke Box Hero, by Foreigner. (what can i say)


I am sad to say that due to a past hard drive crash, there were some songs that I could not add to the playlist. These include, but are not limited to:

1. Industrial Disease, by The Dire Straits.

2. Hard to Handle, by The Black Crowes.

3. Why Can't I Be You?, by The Cure. (iknow right)

4. Rock of Ages, by Def Leppard, nor I might add, any of that album.

5. Most of my Rush collection (which im working on as i speak)


So, for no reason at all, I'm going to make this a meme. I'm not really one of those 'tag you're it' kind of meme'rs, so if you want to play along, please post your top 10 (or 5) songs. I'd appreceiate it if you put a link back to my post if you do.

Buenos con queso,

T.

P.S. one that i should have put in that top 5. dont know what i was thinkin' Turning Japanese, by The Vapors.

P.P.S. also, and i have no fucking idea how it ended up in my library, none other than the 1987 pop classic by Tiffany, I Think We're Alone Now. in case you were wondering, thats the strangest thing.

P.P.P.S last one, i promise. the title's actually a movie quote. obsure, but outstanding. any guesses?

3 comments:

HoosierHerm said...

While perusing this list, something odd occurred to me !
With the exception of the Tiffany song, ( I much prefer the "Tommy James and the Shondelles Version )You, (TJ) and I have almost identical tastes in music. Now for most friends, that's not very strange, But, given that you are 20 some years younger, and a West Coast person by birth, while I am a Baby-Boomer, Vietnam Vet, Mid-westerner turned Californian, returned Hoosier.
Anyway, Those differences make You weird, because with the exception of Rush, most of the folks who's music you like, were pretty much done with their careers before your musical tastes were starting to mature !,,....just sayin' .

T.J. said...

Hey Herm!! Long time no see. Yeah, I cut my teeth on classic rock for sure. I also like oldies, country, and, well, anything but rap, really. Oh, and I'm not into the Tiffany song, and I'm still trying to figure out how it got in my library.....

HoosierHerm said...

LoL on the Tiffany tune !