Saturday, March 20, 2010

Strange traffic.....

Ok, so I'll admit it.

I have stat trackers on my site. They're right over there, under my little flickr app. If you click on Sitemeter, or Feedjit, it will take you to the stats pages.....

I should tell you at the outset tho, that I'm not really interested in how many people hit my page, but rather where they're from, and mostly, what they searched to find my site.

I've talked about it before, but I still find it facinating what obscure search paramaters sometimes bring folks into my little world.

Some of you may remember this post from a while back.

Well, imagine my surprise when I checked my stats today, and saw that more than 20 people had hit that page today.

From Facebook.

Yeah, what the fuck?

So, diligently sorting through the info, I found that at approximately 10:45 am my time, someone in State College, Pennsylvania googled the phrase 'jeopardy toilet paper thief. '

Now, why anyone would be surfing that particular phrase is anybody's guess. I mean, if you'd never heard about it, you'd never search for it (obviously) and if you did know about it, why wouldn't you just write something yourself?

Or maybe try and find one with a little more information? Let's be honest: my post isn't chock full of facts or anything.

In re-reading it (i mean i had too right) I grinned as I read the 'call of the day.' It still cracks me up that someone would ask me the number for their own voicemail.

Oh, by the way, if any of you see a reference to that post on somebodys wall, or if some sends it to you, please let me know. I'm dying to see how it was presented on facebook.

Buenos con queso,

T.

1 comment:

也許 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.