Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The voices I hear in my head are songs.....

I had planned on making this a GTA IV evening, but something I read over at PSP's got me all tied up at the keyboard.

I really got into it, and while not all of these are punk/new wave songs, they are some songs that I think everyone should know and enjoy. In case you're wondering, I used the iTunes store to get some of my information (mostly what year which im not putting in anyway) and it was cool to listen, albeit briefly, to some of these songs again.

I don't know about the rest of you, but music is a pretty important part of my life. It would be an even bigger one if I could actually play an instrument. I keep telling myself that I'm going to learn guitar, but I never do. I also think I could do piano/keyboards (my hands can cover a full octave without stretching)....

But I digress.

Here, for your enjoyment, are my 'must hear songs of the 80's."

1. The Ramones: I Want To Be Sedated
2. The Clash: Should I Stay Or Should I Go
3. Romeo Void: Never Say Never
4. Adam Ant: Goodie Two Shoes
5. Depeche Mode: People Are People
6. Devo: Whip It
7. The Vapors: Turning Japanese
8. M: Pop Muzik
9. Peter Gabriel: Games Without Frontiers
10. Billy Squier: Lonely Is The Night
11. Stray Cats: Stray Cat Strut


Also, the albums Paradise Theater and Kilroy Was Here, from Styx, all the Rush albums from the debut to Grace Under Pressure, and any and all Cure singles from the era.

What about the rest of you? What songs are in the soundtrack of your life?

Buenos con queso,

T.

3 comments:

Princess Sparkle Pants said...

AWESOME. Holy sheet, I would never have thought of Jeux Sans Frontiers. I am DEFNIITELY adding this one. If you get any more suggestions, please share!

And, for my list, I'm adding "Honeysuckle Blue" by Drivin and Cryin and "Voices Carry" by Til Tuesday and "Silent all these years" by Tori Amos. And "Personal Jesus" by Depeche Mode and then, because I can? Manic Monday. Seriously.

T.J. said...

I considered 'Personal Jesus' when I was making my list, but for whatever reason I didn't include it.

I do believe Voices Carry is on my iPod currently, and Manic Monday is a good one too.

T.

Beth said...

All wonderful tunes!
Stray Cat Strut is one of my favs. I don't usually listen to my music loud, but I do for that song and I just wail along with it.

The 80's were good for something! :p