Thursday, September 04, 2008

I don't do politics.....

It's not because I'm apathetic or anything, it's just that I'm sick of all the pretentious fucks that run for/win elected office.

Especially in this country, The Who had it right when they sang 'meet the new boss, same as the old boss.' With our political system structured the way it is, who the president is is largely irrelevant.

Go over here and read about it. Just about all the President gets to do is hand out some jobs and dictate foreign policy. I mean, I'm sure there are ways around it, prolly even legal ones, but the Pres him(and now maybe her)self can't propose legislation or affect change in any real way.

Oh, and he's responsible for the budget.

Which Congress still has to approve.

Couple that with the fact that the term of office is 4 (8 if youre lucky) years, and you can see how impossible it must be to get anything of significance done.

So, until I start my campaign for the Presidency (yes im serious and im counting on your vote) the only politically-related blogging I'll do is when I stoop to complain about the barrage of ads I have to watch, and the mudslinging that goes on.

Buenos con queso,

T.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Well said. You totally have my vote, babe. Just as long as you keep it up with the coffee.

*pinky swears*

*presidential humps and all that*