Sunday, September 14, 2008

The internet has made me more forgetful...

Not in the traditional sense, mind you.

I still remember the bones of the human body (learned in 7th grade), and I can still to Hamlet's To be, or not to be soliloquy, or the balcony scene (both sides) that I decided to learn in High School.

Old addresses, old zip codes, all the trivia I picked up over the years. I've always had a lot of knowledge rattling around in my cranium, and a good portion of it I know why I know it, if you know what I mean.

My knowledge of aerodynamics, flight systems, and aircraft operation?

Aviation Science, Junior year.

How to make the perfect omelette?

I remember vividly the day Pops taught me.

Lately tho, I've noticed that I'll be talking to someone and I'll say I was reading this on the net....I'm not sure how I ended up on the page....

Now, some of it, like if I specifically search a word or phrase, or if I'm looking for and answer to a question, I'm still pretty good at knowing why I know it, and where I found the answer.

Most of the time, it's a comment on a blog that I've visited for the first time, and then I go to the commenters blog, or they'll have a link in a comment..you get the idea.

However it happens, all of a sudden, I'll find myself deeply engrossed in a website, and I'll take away some bit of informaion (wether it be true or not) and I'll file it away for future use.

Calling it up to share is never the problem. I can recite facts all day long.

But I'll say I read this.....and that's about as far as I get, 'cause I just don't remember.

So, yeah, it's a pretty lame post, but considering vacation starts tomorrow (we actually leave on wednesday) I think you should be grateful you got anything at all.

Buenos con queso,

T.

1 comment:

Beth said...

You have no idea just how grateful I am.

Really.

I still wish you were taking me with you. Blick. Brat.

:D