Tuesday, September 09, 2008

My computer is calling me a loser.....

And I'll bet yours is too.

I never really paid any attention to it, but the other day it struck me that when you roll over a link, and the cursor flashes to the now ubiquitious 'pointing finger' cursor, the little hand is in fact flashing the 'loo-ser' symbol.

Take a good look at it, if you don't believe me.

I'm not sure why this is, nor how I'm supposed to feel about it.

Maybe Bill Gates saw it so much growing up, that he decided he'd get back at everyone. Maybe it's a message from all the geeks that have worked on Windows software over the years.

Either way, I think, as I've been a computer freak since I first got my hands on one, I ought to be able to download the 'geek pak' to upgrade my cursor to something cool, like a slide rule, or a pocket protector.

You see what I'm plagued with? These are the things that spring upon me unawares. I'll be doing just fine, and then I'll notice another little hole in the fabric of my personal reality that makes me wonder again if I'm the only one that sees these things.

Are there others similarly afflicted?

Are you similarly afflicted?

Well, for Pete's sake, if you are, let me know.

Buenos con queso,

T.

3 comments:

Princess Sparkle Pants said...

I, sir, find myself similarly afflicted. Also, troubled...

Beth said...

Nope. It's just you, geek boy.

*humps you with coke-bottle glasses*

T.J. said...

PSP: Troubled? Why troubled?

Kat: *sits back and enjoys the ride*

T.