Monday, September 15, 2008

Like an unbroken ribbon, it stretches out before me.....

7 blissful days of non-work. Today, as always, is my 'make sure all the details are taken care of' day. I do this every year. I take an extra day at the start of the vacation to do my final laundry, pack, and make sure I've gotten everything together that I want to take.

Phone charger, iPod, charger for camera battery, camera...you know, the essentials. I've also got to go to the DMV, and register my car, as the due date comes while I'll be away.

I'm sure some of you cringe at the thought of a trip to the DMV, but here in Nevada, a trip to register the car is nothing. I'll outline the steps for you here:

1. Head to DMV...about 4 or 5 (?) miles from my house, if that.

2. Enter building, and head to the atm-esque machine on the right wall.

3. Scan barcode on registration notice.

4. Answer Yes to a couple questions via touchscreen.

5. Insert money ($41 for me this year) through 'bill sucker.'

6. Remove reciept and tags from machine.

7. Leave the building.

Yeah, it's that simple, and prolly takes less time to do than it did to type. The first time I used it, I nearly soiled myself. I couldn't believe it was so easy.

So fast.

Now? I almost look forward to September so I can go use the machine.

That and the other little things mentioned above are all I have to do today. We're scheduled to leave tomorrow at oh dark thirty, but as to actual departure time, I'm unsure. We'll be in Anaheim sometime tomorrow, but we don't go into the parks until Wednesday.

I suppose I could give you a blow-by-blow, but I have to a load of laundry.

Maybe I'll post again later.

Buenos con queso,

T.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Damn you.
I want my state to have those little machiney guy things. Sounds like fun! We don't have a big To Do at our 'DMV'--License Bureau. At least not like we did in CA. That right thar is enough to make a person homicidal/suicidal. Srsly.

And, I will be there before o'dark thirty. I'm on my way now.
And hopefully, in the next 11 minutes, Sprint will have gotten their heads out of their asses and restored my phone service. You know what that means! Text me after every damn ride! :D