Friday, October 23, 2009

Every car should have a Jesus handle...

You may call it an 'J.C. Bar', or maybe even 'The Oh Shit Handle/Bar.'

Either way, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. I'm sure you've used them. What I hate, are cars that don't have them.

I don't care who's at the wheel, even at the most sedate speeds, there are multiple changes in momentum, force, direction, acceleration, deceleration, in any car trip.

Even that run to a buddy's house to borrow a movie or get some beef jerky is plagued with red lights, stupid drivers, and possibly popo's. With all the starting, stopping, turning and all the other assorted bullshit, well....

Shift happens.

During almost every car trip I've ever taken, I've needed to use one at least once.

I mean, right?

If you ask me, every car should have at least 3, and no matter what the vehicle's capacity, one for every passenger.

Well, just thought I'd share.

Buenos con queso,

T.

2 comments:

Princess Sparkle Pants said...

I call it an "oh shit handle", and I totally agree with you. ALSO, it should be forbidden that, should I grab frantically for said handle, you roll your eyes. Because it is YOU, the DRIVER, who is at fault here, not me, the innocent passenger, who finds it inappropriate to accellerate from 3 mph to 90 mph in ten seconds. Just sayin'.

T.J. said...

PSP: Totally, right? If you're going to drive like that, I should at least get a warning before you make any 'violent control movements.'