Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Your daily moment of Zen.....

Or at least your 'to'daily moment of Zen.

I've got a picture, and a story to share about it. I'll show you the picture:



But, I should warn you, the story that goes along with it is a looong one.

Believe it or not, it started 8 or 9 (10?) years ago.

For realz.

See, it was around that time that my sister gave me a mirror/razor holder for my shower. You know, one of those anti-fog things. Well, believe it or not (my sister never does) I kept that thing all this time.

It was plastic, and it was flimsy. The suction cups holding it to the tile would occasionally 'dry up,' spilling the entire works into the tub. A couple of times, the mirror almost came out.

It put up a hell of a battle, but sadly, it recently met it's demise.

Well, sorta.

See, the unit broke, but I've still got the plastic mirror that was the heart of it, and by wetting the window, or the back of the mirror in question, I can press it against the textured window in the shower pretty much wherever I want, and it'll stick.

That tree you see in the photo above (you do see a tree dont you)?

Yeah, that was what was under the mirror when I peeled it off the glass yesterday. I thought it was pretty cool, and thus, thought to share.

Buenos con queso,

T.

7 comments:

Andrea (Off Her Cork) said...

That's pretty cool! :)

Princess Sparkle Pants said...

It's pretty! Listen, I think you need some mail. Will you please resend me your address? princesssparklepants@yahoo.com, s'il vous plait. Mwah, PSP

T.J. said...

Andie: I know, right?

PSP: Heh. Oh, and I sent you my real addy too.

HoosierHerm said...

O.K., I like the tree,saw It right away,I also recognized the texture and steaminess of your shower window,...Now, my question is / are : Where does to blue color come from ?, and since I know there's no tree that close to the buildings, and it isn't winter yet if it were, did the tree form randomly?, or was there a pattern of glue or something on the back of the mirror ? Yes, I know I'm analyzing the mystery right out of the image, but that's just the way my brain rolls !

T.J. said...

Herm: Well, the blue is just the sky outside the bathroom window, and there's on thing on the back of the mirror.

It was held into it's spot by a ring of silicone around the outside edge, not by anything on the back.

That's just how the water crept up the window when I stuck the mirror on it.

Freaky, huh?

Anonymous said...

Looks like my sliding door - double panes & foggy in between.

T.J. said...

Q: Yeah, prolly the same type of glass. Standard bathroom 'privacy glass.'