Friday, October 30, 2009

I found a fantastic site today.....

I was fucking around on my lunch hour, and to confirm some bullshit I was slinging for no particular reason decided to check on the origins of the contraction 'o'clock.'

I was pretty sure (and had already said) that it was a contraction made from the phrase 'of the clock,' and I was happy (but not really surprised) to find that I was right.

It was in the process of patting myself on the digital back that I found Etymonline.com.

Now, if you all don't know it, I'm pretty much a freak for words.

I think that's prolly kind of obvious if you've read here for any amount of time. I make up my own words, I change usages, suffixes, prefixes....

I wallow in words.

I read the dictionary for no reason other than to find new words, and I'd actually kind of love to own a copy of the OED.

Hell, I'd even take the CD version of it. I think that asking the same price for a yearly online subscription is a bit much, and I'd much rather have a copy that couldn't be hacked.....

Anyhow, I've always like knowing about where all these words come from, and the above site just dropped into my life today.

Now, if I just knew why it took me so long to find it.....

Oh well, live and learn, I guess.

In other news, tomorrow is the parade/reunion day, and Michael and I are already making plans for it. I plan on getting pretty plastered, but I'll do my best to bring y'all some photos....

Buenos con queso,

T.

No comments: