Tuesday, October 27, 2009

It's hard to say no to 8 hours of overtime pay.....

We've been having this computer problem at work, and I finally figured it out, but it meant going in on my day off. I could have taken today off, but if I'd have done that, I woudn't have gotten any over time.

It's going to make for a loooong week, but I'm sure I'll be happy come Friday.

Oh, and Saturday, of course, which in addition to being Halloween, is also Nevada Day.

It's a celebration of the day that we were admitted as a state, and they put on a pretty good party for it.

For the first time in a long time, I'm actually going to go to the parade. I usually try and avoid it, just cause I've been there so many times over the years, and it's always pretty much the same....

Not that it's bad, it's just a lot of people in a very confined space, and most of them are drunk, or getting there.

This year, however, the powers that be decided that we'd have a 'mini' 25 year class reunion on Saturday. There's a place to meet beforehand (at the parade) and then a pair of bars to go drinking in for later.

Geez...where the fuck did 25 years go?

Buenos con queso,

T.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you're planning on wearing a costume (& posting pics!). Have fun :)

T.J. said...

Q: The costume idea kind of got away from me this year. I may try and whip something up last minute, but I don't have much hope...