Wednesday, May 16, 2007

What would your Jeopardy anecdote be?

It's been a couple years since I saw this one, and I've talked about it many times, but I just realized I've never blogged it. If you watch Jeopardy at all (i do every chance i get), you know that after the 1st commercial break, they talk to all the contestents. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes it's not. I guess it's supposed to 'humanize' these people, and make us feel closer to them. Sometimes it's just embarrasing.

For instance, there was a lady who admitted on national television (and i have to think that at least some people in her hometown were watching) that it had been literally years since she bought toilet paper. It seems to stem from the nature of what it is. A disposable one-time-use commodity.

Instead she steals it.

That's right, you heard me. From restaurants and the like. So, not only is she a thief, but also appears to be less than intelligent. Why in the fuck would you admit to that on t.v.? I don't know what her life is like, but there has to be something else that she could have shared with the viewing public....

I honestly don't know what goes through some people's heads.




Yesterday's call of the day:

"I don't remember what account, this is T.J., how may I help you?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, I dialed the wrong number. I was trying to call my voice mail. Do you know that number?"

Ex-fucking-scuse me? Do I know the number to your fucking voice mail? Well no, in fact I don't.

That's all for now.

Later,

T.

No comments: