Thursday, August 11, 2005

Adventures in babysitting....

One of the ladies that I work with is going out of town, and has asked me to carsit for her. I have no problem with that, as it means that I will be able to drive to work while she is gone. Wow, what a concept.

I think that things at work are coming up to what may be a mixed blessing. We have 2 employees that are about as reliable as cheesecloth condoms. One girl, let's call her Michelle, cause that's her name, almost got fired yesterday. If she's even one minute late from now on, she will be.

The other girl, let's call her Annette, pulled a no call, no show. She just left, and decided not to call at all. Another girl I work with called her about 4 days later, and told her to go ahead and call in, that they would prolly let her come back.

A mistake, if you ask me, but they did indeed let her come back to work. The upshot of all this is that if these two fail to make it to work (and I can't see anything else happening, really) they will be let go, and those of us remaining will be working 6 and a half days a week until we can restaff.

Now, the working everyday is going to suuuuuuck, but it will equate to approximately 28 hours of overtime per check. That is nice.

Sigh. Why can't people just show up and do their job?

On a lighter note, due to vacation requests and the like, I've lucked into a day off rotation that's pretty cool. I had Monday and Tuesday off, I worked yesterday, and I work today, but then I have Friday and Saturday off.

Of course after that I will have a long stretch before I get a day off, I'm sure. Our weeks end on Thursday, and I know for a fact that I will work Sunday-Thursday, what comes after I won't know until the new schedule comes out.

The phone just rang, and I think it's for me...hold on....

Cool...that was L, of whom you have heard me speak I'm sure. Looks like we are going to go play golf on Saturday, or at least go hit some golf balls.

Ok...guess that's all

T.

No comments: