Saturday, October 27, 2007

I don't know what was up.....

By my inet suuuuuccccckkkkkeedddddd yesterday.

Nothing would load, all the game faqs I tried to download were dropping at like 5-6k a second, instead of the 575-617k I'm used to.....It was like somebody dumped molasses on the world wide web, or something.

I hate it when the net is slow. Computers and the internet in general have always worked slower that I do.

When I was a video imaging tech at the paper some years ago, I had a routine for processing the AP wire photos. There were a series of keystrokes in Photoshop that we used to make the photos print ready.

It included such things as changing resolution, converting to CMYK from RGB, and other such tasks. No matter the size of the photo, or the original quality, I'd open the image, start hitting keys, and the have to wait while the puter caught up with me.

Nothing has changed. I'm still moving faster than my electronics.

Oh, well, maybe the new computer that Michael is getting for me will help some. We'll see.

Ok, I have to go make some beef jerky.

See you on the flip side.

El poquito grande,

T.

No comments: