Sunday, October 28, 2007

Ok, Newark, I know you're out there.....

I don't know if I've ever told you this or not, but I lived in California until I was 11. In and around the cities of Walnut Creek, Berkeley, and Concord (and its konkerd not concorde thank you very much.)

I went back to CA to go to school, and I was in and around the Central Coast. You know, San Luis Obispo, and Pismo Beach.

I've known a lot of town names in California. Partly due to that fact that when I was working at 7-Eleven, they started adding town names to the Lotto tickets. I don't remember exactly why they did it, but I think it was a matching game or some shit.

Anyhow, I thought I was pretty good with CA city names.

Especially in the Bay Area. Then it happened. Just a few days ago, a week maybe. I started getting hit pretty hard from Newark CA.

In the NorCal Bay Area, where I grew up for crying out loud, and I've never heard of it. So, let's welcome Newark CA into the fold, and let me extend this invitation: Please, comment on a post, and introduce yourself.

In other news, Herman has been in town the last couple days....I don't know if I told you that. That's Dave's brother, and he delivers trailers and stuff all over the United States, and he stops by when he's in the area. It's cool. He's a pretty mellow guy, and we always have a good time when he's here.

Of course, we made him (well pops did) halibut. I mean, we've got like a whole frikkin fish for fuck's sake. The World Series is on downstairs, and I'm doing my level best to ignore it.

Fuckin' baseball.

My Raiders lost again today. Not a Surprise, really. And, both Miami and St Louis managed to remain winless for the season. That's 0 and 8, for those of you scoreing at home. Who get's first draft pick if they both lose all 16 games?

At least my boy's have won a couple games. Hell, They only have to win one more to beat last season's record.

Ok, I think I'm done blahering for now.

El poquito grande,

T.

3 comments:

Kelwhy said...

don't you love sitemeter?

;)

just saying hi from HSV.
me.

Hasta el libro.

Beth said...

*waves to Newark*

My boys are finally 4-3. It's really quite nice, actually. :p

It's really sad that the Rams are 0-8. Brady really likes them. I have no idea where he got that, really. His mother is a Charger girl (no,not really) and his donor likes the Chiefs (that's beyond me, too). So where did the Rams thing come from? *shrugs* He actually cried when I told them they didn't make it to the Super Bowl. Poor thing.

Yeah.

Via con peso.

T.J. said...

Maybe he's channeling...uh yeah, I got nuthin'...don't know any Rams fans....

Or maybe he likes the helmets. I always kinda thought the spirals were cool.

T.