Thursday, August 28, 2008

And another thing.....

I know that Hollywood loves a good story.

Or a funny story.

Or a tragic story.

Hell, pretty much any kind of story you can come up with to be honest. They say there are no new stories, and for the most part, I think I agree with that, tho there are new ways to tell them.

There's an element of movie storytelling tho that's used a lot, and is completely inaccurate. I mean, there are prolly tons of elements that, strictly speaking are a step away from the reality of what they're supposed to portray, but there's one that's bothered me for a long time now.

You ever seen that movie? You know the one...The comedy (or drama) where Gina (or jane) 'borrows' her grandma's pearl necklace that she's had for like, a billion years, and you just know what's gonna happen? I mean, sometimes it gets caught on her boyfriend's arm, or the bannister of the staircase, but as soon as she takes it out of the jewelry box, you know it's fate is sealed.

Then, it happens...with a slithery rattling bouncy kind of sound, the priceless necklace spews it's load of oyster labor across the floor.

Sometimes, to add to the humor, someone (or many someones) will inadvertently walk/run across them, lose their footing, and plant their keister on the floor. It makes for good comedy, I suppose, but it can't happen.

Any good pearl necklace (especially granny's heirloom) is knotted between every pearl!!! If it breaks, you would lose one, maybe 2 or 3 pearls, and the rest would remain securely on their strand.....

Don't believe me?

Ok fine, but I had one in my hand yesterday.

Granted, not an antique one handcrafted by master artisans for the Tzar's family, but it was made of genuine pearls, and there was as many knots as there were pearls.

Those Hollywood necklaces? Yeah, they're not real pearls, and if they're not real pearls, who gives a fuck?

I mean, really?

Buenos con queso,

T.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I was going to say something naughty, but figured I would save it. :D

*humps from the birthday girl with a party hat on*

Kelwhy said...

LOL - I KNOW! After getting my first real pearl necklace (no not that kind, get your mind out of the gutter!!) I realized they were completely knotted and now those movies scenes always annoy me.

always.