Thursday, August 21, 2008

Who the fuck is Rosie, and where the fuck are my chili-cheese dogs?

For this blog, we travel back to Monday.

Remember when I posted about Monday, and what a piece of shit it was?

Yeah, I thought so. Here's more on that story.....

I'm not a big fast food eater. It's not because I'm all that health conscious or anything, or that I don't like fast food, it's just that I work on the extreme east edge of town, and there aren't really any ffj (fast food joints) close to me.

Plus, for the money that I spend at most of those places, I could swing by the store and get food to make at home that's, like, 1000 times better.

I do have my weakness tho. In-n-Out's Double Double? Yes Please.

Arby's Roast Beef and Cheddar? I'll take 2.

And then, there's my real obsession. Not very often...like 3 times a month (ok maybe once a week) I get a severe craving for Der Weinerschnitzel's chili-cheese dogs.

I know, right? I'm sure they're just packed with healthy nutrients and vitamins. Or nitrates and cholesterol, but whatever. So Monday, it happens. I'm at work, and I'm starving. Which doesn't happen a lot, because I drink coffee all day at work. I'm at breaking point, with nothing major going on, so I tell my boss I'm gonna run and get some food.

I head to my car, already tasting the sloppy goodness of my lunch. I cruise down the highway, hang a left into DW, and roll to the drive thru. I notice that someone has slapped some stickers on the drive-thru sign for some other restaurant, and I'm planning to tell them when I get to the window....

But I drive up to the menu, and this is what I see.....




I was beyond flabbergasted. I'd heard nothing. No word at all. One day they were there, the next they were just.....gone.




See that clever crown they gave their logo? How conveniently it covers what used to be the 'W'?

Assclowns.

And here's the proof....the proof that they stole my restaurant from me:




I think what bothers me the most, is that I had no warning. I mean hell, the Mexican food might even be good (no i didnt get any i was too pissed). If I had known they were closing, I'd have been there every day, storing up against the long, dogless days to come.

As it stands now, those last 2 (or was it 3) will have to sustain me for who knows how long. I mean there's a DW in Reno, but I'm not really sure where it is, and I'm not gonna drive 30 miles just for some lunch.

Well, not today at any rate.

So, now you know part of my Monday. Don't even ask me what happened when I went to Taco Bell instead. I'll tell you this tho, it didn't improve my mood one iota.....

Buenos con queso,

T.

5 comments:

Beth said...

OMG, I miss DW!! My step-mom and dad were just telling me the other day that they were disappearing left and right.

And In-n-Out? Oh yes, I will take a double double ANY day. And those fries? OMGWTF I LOVE THEM SO MUCH.

I miss I-n-O terribly. Sigh.
But we have Backyard Burger with fabulous burgers. Although, their fries leave something to be desired. My step-dad and I have written to I-n-O telling them that we MUST have one HERE. They basically told us to keep dreaming as there were no future plans of placing an I-n-O outside the West. Sigh.

Rosie's sure has some nerve to take away your DW. I am truly sorry for you. I feel your loss. They had THE BEST chili-cheese fries.

*humps*

Kelly said...

OMG. Say it isn't so. Weinerschnitzel on 50 is SACRED. I love the corn dogs and onion rings, the kids love the mini-corn dogs and lemonade. Okay, the new El Pollo Loco is *almost* enough to make up for this travesty, but not quite. Damn. I'm officially in mourning.

Kelwhy said...

wow. i feel for you - not getting a particular food that i am craving will absolutely push me over the edge. seriously, it will. not a good situation. i have no clue what this weiner place is - we don't have those out this way. guess i'm missing out.

T.J. said...

I think the worst part for me was the 'thief in the night' way it happened.

I mean, had I known it was happening Id've gorged myself, but alas.

T.

sue said...

Seeing as I've never had a DW... or been exposed to one, I will take your word on their goodness. I will, however, agree that the way it was done just SUCKS big time. That is all.