Tuesday, August 05, 2008

The cutting irony.....

It was one of those days yesterday.

I know that most of you struggle with Mondays, regardless of your actual work schedule, but those of you that know me, know that my day of trial is actually Thursday.

Yesterday was Thursdayish enough that it's got me worried about my week to come.

My day started (as it always does) with a checking of our store email. There was a message from a gentleman that won an auction ( three 10oz silver bars no less) that haven't arrived yet. His letter (can you call email that) seemed a little strange cause he said when he checked the tracking number on UPS it said the package was out for delivery in Sparks NV.

I was immediatly suspicious, so I went to their website, and sure enough, they're idiots. His order was paid for and shipped on 7/23. On 7/28, they showed an arrival in Hodgkins IL, and on 8/1 it was marked 'out for delivery' in Sparks.

Nevada.

Which is like 30 miles from here.

So, I'm on the phone with UPS. They can't tell me what's up, nor why the package hasn't been delivered. Transfered a couple times, put on hold a couple more, finally got a trace started on the package, but that was how my day started. I hadn't even gotten my work coffee yet.

Shortly after that I went to the bathroom. I don't normally go into that much detail here, but it's central to my story. As I was getting to leave the bathroom, I noticed that there was a flyer taped to the inside of the door promoting our blood drive, which was, like, a week before, so, being the diligent employee that I am, I removed it. As I was wadding it up to throw it away, I felt a jab in my right thumb.

This was the upshot of that. Yes, the flyer for the blood drive formed a corner, and gouged enough flesh out of my thumb to draw blood.

There were a million other little things yesterday but nothing worth posting.

Oh, and since you're going to ask yes, I gave blood. I actually even did the 'we take some out give you your plasma back and take some more' method. By doing it that way, they can get 2 units of blood instead of 1, and since I'm 0- (universal donor) it only makes sense to give as much as I can.

Ok, time for a little surfing before work....

Buenos con queso,

T.

2 comments:

Beth said...

*kisses your boo boo*

There. All better! :D

Hope today goes better for you.
No, really. I do.

*humps you relentlessly*

*with extra sox*

*bkg*

Kelwhy said...

damn - what a day - the irony of it all! ;)

ok - finished hitchhiker and now starting, the restaurant at the end of the universe.

good stuff.