Thursday, August 07, 2008

Flat on my back.....

That's how I spent yesterday (and a fair portion of tuesday as well) because my back decided that it wanted to fuck with me.

I've had a bad back for years, but like 90% of the time, it's not a problem.

I pay attention to how I move, and do my best not to twist my back wrong.

I lift with my legs.

I sit up straight.

I do all the things I'm supposed to, so most of the time it's not an issue. Sometimes tho, my back just decides that it needs to let me know who's really in charge.

I woke up Tuesday, and there was some slight-moderate pain, but nothing I'm not accustomed to. I ate some Bayer Back and Body (the only otc ive found that works) and headed off to work. By noon, I was in so much pain, I had to leave work.

Yesterday, I could barely move. I spent a little time at the computer, but the majority of my day was spent in my bed with The 40-year-old Virgin running in the background while I (re)read a book.

Somewhere during the night, I rolled over and felt something pop back into place.....

And the pain went away.

I would have gone to my chiro, but sadly, he's out of the office on Wednesdays.

So, it's back to work today, but it's my Friday, so in a scant 8 hrs or so, I'll be off for 2 glorious days.

Or something like that.

Buenos con queso,

T.

4 comments:

Kelwhy said...

don't you hate when your body decides to fuck with you - there's nothing we can do about it.

sigh.

em said...

Mmmmm Bayer back and body. Now if they would only coat it with that sugary stuff they put on advil.

Bummer on the back. Glad it's back to normal. Glad you popped by, too. I was looking for more sarcasticish blogs! I'd take your advice on the using a towel to hold a fish but I think removing the slime coat is so inhumane. Unlike jabbing a hook through their little fishy faces.

Beth said...

I'm glad you're feeling better, babe.

T.J. said...

Kelwhy: Yes, yes I do. If you get a 'Don't Panic' we'll be 'skin twins.'

Em: Glad you stopped by as well. As for sarcasm, it's like a second language to me.....

Kat: Thanks, IHB. (internet hump buddy).

T.