Saturday, August 09, 2008

I decided to clean my room today.....

To all but 2 or 3 of you, that statement will seem trivial.

Those of you that really know me, however, will be stunned.

I don't know that it's something I've touched on, but I assure you, it's nothing I'm ashamed of, I'm a total slob.

No, really, I am.

I do my best to keep the rest of the house clean. I put my dishes in the dishwasher, and I try not to leave too much stuff of mine laying around the house, but my room is my room, and it's a mess.

Just ask my mom.

We fought a continual battle while I was growing up. I don't know why I'm not tidy, I just know it's nothing I can change. Every time I clean my room, I start out with the best intentions; I organize as I go, finding a box for important papers, a place for my books & magazines (yes i save all my issues thankyouverymuch) and catalogs (im a freak for them). I separate my laundry into clean and dirty, and even laundry loads.

Even now, with my room 1/2 done, I'm sure most of you would be apalled at the state it's in.

My clean is not your clean.

In my defense, no matter how messy my room becomes, I can, without fail, walk into the 'disaster area' as my mom used to call it, and put my hands on anything I own.

Somewhere along the line, however, something always interrupts me before I'm completely finished. Pops will need a ride to pay the bills, or someone will stop by to hang out and play vids. Whatever the case, I'm usually about 1/2-3/4 done when I get distracted, leaving my project short of completion.

And my room will stay semi-organized for like, a week.

I've never examined the process by which it happens, so I can't ellucidate you, but with no conscious effort on my part, it just re-clutters itself.

That whole 'an organized desk is the sign of insanity' thing, but taken to a level that borders on art.

Well, to me it's art.

To you, it's prolly a just pigsty.

I've taken a break from it, as you can plainly see by the fact that I'm doing this instead of doing that, but I'll get back to it, I promise.

Buenos con queso,

T.

p.s. i changed the photo, not because i miss greg any less, but because it was time. michael and i found that shell casing in the cemetary on our nature walk when he was here. you know, the one i never posted photos from. yeah, that one.....

5 comments:

Beth said...

I need to clean my room, too. And the office, and Brady's room... Sigh.

Too much shit, so little time. Ok, not really. I just really don't want to do it. :D

*sloppy humps*

:D

T.J. said...

Sloppy humps are the *best* humps.....

T.

Kelwhy said...

hmmm - i just had to look ellucidate up - thank you for sharing a new word with me! ;)

I could pretty much figure out what it meant by your sentence, but still...

OH - and i found that it's spelled - elucidate. just FYI.

Kelwhy said...

oh - and love the new pic - very cool.

T.J. said...

There was a time when I was uber concerned about my spelling/grammar here, and I'd end up reading and re posting multiple times....then I finally just said fuck it, it is what it is.....

But thanks for pointing out my error....heh

T.