Friday, November 07, 2008

Blogging from James's

My friend James, who I haven't seen in like a million years (well ok about this time last week) called me today, and told me that he had this new video game that I just had to check out.

Well, since James is the bastard that got me hooked on EQ, and because he is (and will be when im prez too) my Techincal Advisor, and because I'd finished my errands for the day (4 boxes sent out more to follow) I headed over.

Since I had been drinking (my saturday remember) I decided I was going to walk. As I was headed for the door, D The Roomie offered me cab fare one way.

I had no choice but to accept. (james says hi btw im still there if you can't tell)

I arrived at his house, and he proceeded to show me Civilization: Revolutions for his XBox 360. I may have mentioned that I like the Civ family of games, and if I didn't consider this your notification, and I've been wondering about this game.

It's a cross-platformer from Sid Meyer, and it's supposed to be quite the shit. I haven't had a chance to really sit down with it (and im not sure i want to learn wrong buttons cause i dont have an xbox), but I've been watching him play, and I have to say, I'm impressed.

Now, it's not as intricate as the PC version (right?) but it is a very cool game. I'll prolly be renting (or if we get one in the store) buying a copy as soon as I can afford one.




In other news (do i overuse that or what).....

There's a rather somber anniversary approaching, and I'm trying not to be down about it, but it's proving difficult. I'm not going to go any deeper into it yet, as I only have to wait for Sunday for the actual day, but expect a drawn-out and maudlin post in a couple days.....

Tomorrow we're celebrating my Gran's 90th birthday. I know I went there the other day, but we're going to the Fandango. I do have this to add tho.....

I found out that we're going to the champagne brunch.

Oh, and my Mom offered to drive (thanks mom), which means that I don't have to (really) monitor my alcohol intake. I mean, I'm not gonna get sloppy drunk or anything, but at least I'm not driving...

I anticipate the food to be outstanding, and I expect about 20 of my relatives to be there....

You should expect me to take lots of pictures, and fail to post any, as should my family.....

Maybe I'll just dump them on flickr and let people download/print them.

Whatever....

Buenos con queso,

T.

No comments: