Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Yeah, and if your son was visiting, I bet you'd miss some blogs too.....

Which is really no excuse, but it sounded good.

It's been a good visit so far. I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving, as he's never celebrated it with this side of the family.

Distance does that.

Oh, and I witnessed an accident on my way home last night.

It wasn't a very bad one (from what i could tell), and I didn't stop, but it happened because some dumbass got impatient.

You see, there was a semi (or tractor trailer or big rig or whatever you call it where you live) in a left-hand turn lane with his right blinker on. I'm not sure if he changed his mind about turning, or if he just realized that he didn't want to turn where he was, but I saw his blinker, and stopped far enough behind him so that he had room to move into my lane.

I even flashed my lights to let him know I was letting him in.

So, the left hand arrow turned green, allowing folks in the turn lanes to go. The truck, obviouly, had to wait for the through traffic light, and this seemed to cause the driver behind him some consternation. He swerved to his left to go around the truck....right into the other left-hand turn lane, and right into another vehicle, which smacked his truck back across the line and into the back of the rig.

All this because he (or she) was too impatient to wait for the truck to get out of his (or her) way.

People just amaze me.

Buenos con queso,

T.

3 comments:

Princess Sparkle Pants said...

You know what? That trucker - no matter what was really going on - is going to get blamed for that. We are always so quick to point fingers at the big trucks. Don't get me wrong, they work too long, don't break (or brake) enough, and can intentionally (some ARE assholes) scare nice little van-drivers, but mostly, they aren't the cause of the worlds' crises like we blame them for. We, here in Hot-Lanta, anyway. I don't know if you guys do.

I'm done now, thank you. And yes, my family DOES own a trucking company. I'm sorry to use your blog as my platform, though!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Beth said...

I have no connection with the trucking world, but I have to agree with Sparkle Britches.

People need to respect the drivers, dude. They are the reason you're eating your damn twinkie.

I'm glad you get to have T-Day with M-Man. That rawks.

T.J. said...

PSP: You're welcome to use my soapbox anytime you like.

Kat: Yeah, should be way cool.

Oh, and I'm with both of you.... truckers tend to get the short end of lots of sticks, and that's not right.

T.