Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I got a phone call from a vampire tonight....

And then I got another one.

The first caller had a plesant female voice.

The second, a less-plesant, male voice.

Being what they are, they both wanted the same thing, namely, blood.

I explained to the first one that I really don't have any free time in the next few days, and asked her to call me back on Tuesday...

Despite my saying this, she kept prodding me until I was forced to explain in detail my plans for the next 3 days, and why it was impossible for me to see her until at least Tuesday.

Finally, she capitulated, and promised to call me back.

Not 5 minutes later, my phone rang again.

I was able to cut 'Carlos' off quickly enough, and then I explained to him that I had just gotten off the phone with one of his coven, and had scheduled a call for 5 days hence.

I got him off the phone in record time, with his promise to 'take care of it.'

All this because I'm O-.

I mean, I don't mind giving blood, in fact, it actually makes me feel good.

What bothers me is how relentless they are. That voice on the line says 'United Blood Services,' and I know I'm not getting off the phone without setting an appointment. They just won't stop with me.

I mean, I know my blood type is rare in the U.S.--6.5-7% of the population--, and I know why you need it (in case you dont im a universal donor anyone can safely be given o- blood), but for the love of Mike, if I tell you I'm too busy, and can't do it for a couple days, take the fucking hint and tell me you'll call back.

Thanks mom and dad...and whomever else, I guess.

Buenos con queso,

T.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Dadgum bloodsuckers.

I hate it when people can't take the hint.

I was just thinking about feeling the need to donate. Seeing as my son cleaned out an entire blood bank, himself. :\

Andrea (Off Her Cork) said...

Wow really? They just called you up like that? I didn't even know blood banks did that!