Thursday, April 23, 2009

Do you rinse out your coffee pot before you make a new pot?

I only ask because I totally do. I don't know what I think I'm a accomplishing by it, but I do it anyhow. I dump out what's left (usually trace amounts) and rinse it out before filling it and dumping the water into the machine.

I mean, first of all, I rinse it out with cold water, which doesn't really stand a chance of killing anything that might be growing in the pot from yesterday (when the hot coffee would have killed it) and I only put 5 or 6 ounces in, swirl it around a couple times, and dump it out.

I don't scrub, and I certainly don't scour. Just a quick swish-swish, and into the sink it goes.

When I stop to think about it (its what i do) it's kinda useless.

If anything, I should just fill the pot over the dregs from the previous day and get an added boost of caffeine (goodness knows i need it) and just call it good.




Ok, so it's Thursday again, and here's a pic of me with my hand wrapped around one of my favorite things:




Oh, grow up you pervs...what did you think I meant?

Buenos con queso,

T.

3 comments:

sue said...

Love the smell, hate the taste. COFFEE... geez... there ARE pervs around here, aren't there? :)

Kelwhy said...

i so love coffee - i keep trying to back off of my coffee drinking. not doing to well with that. oh well.

T.J. said...

Sue: Yeah, and expecially 'round here....grin...but I like it that way....

Kel: I drink coffee literally all day. We have coffee at work, ostensibly for the customers, but I drink more of it than anyone....