Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Good news, bad news...they can both kiss my ass.....

I haven't really mentioned it, but our network at work has basically been down for the last 5 days or so.

This has meant for me:

1. Leaving early on Sunday (after a single hour at work) because without the internet, I can't do my job.

2. Another full day spent cleaning guns (yesterday).

So, the good news is that our network is back up, and running at full speed, so I can actually do the job I was hired for.

The bad news is that I spent the entire day (along with a coworker) running ethernet cables through a dusty suspended ceiling.

It was a motherfucking pain in the ass, I shit you not. I had a couple guns left to clean, and I didn't want to leave the job unfinished, but somewhere around 10 am I finished the last rifle and started running cable.

I was 10 minutes late leaving work (510), and didn't eat or take a break all day.

I did manage to drink 2 Dr Peppers tho, so I consider myself blessed.

By the time we were done, I was as dirty as a Frenchman. My hands were filthy, my pants covered in dust and grime, and I felt as if I'd gone 10 rounds with a heavyweight champion.

I took a long, hot (scalding almost) shower and now I can barely keep my eyes open and my fingers moving, so I shall bid ye adieu.....

Buenos con queso,

T.

No comments: