Friday, February 01, 2008

The poetry of pain.....

I love how everyone always asks if it hurts to get a tattoo.....

Hell yes, it fucking hurts!!

Sometimes (linework) it hurts more, somtimes (fill work) it hurts less, but lets face it, you're being repeatedly jabbed by a (and up to 5) needles. Does anyone think there's a way that wouldn't hurt?

It's like this tho, if it's something you're really serious about, something you really want, then the pain isn't anything you can't deal with.

There's a cleansing in it.

A spirituality.

I will say that given where I got this (these), I expected it to hurt much more than it actually did. There were a few moments of very intense pain, again, mostly the line work, but overall it wasn't too bad.

I had planned on having several pix to post, both of the tat, and the whole 'process', but they were very busy in the shop today, and there weren't any free hands to work my camera.

The actual tat's are still wrapped in cellophane right now, so I don't have a good pic of them yet. I'm going to unwrap them later, and I'll have someone take a pic of them.

I'll tell you this tho: They're fuckin' sick.

In the good way.

I had thought of a couple ways to do it, and finally decided that I wanted the words in black, with white ink 'stars' inside the words. I mean let's face it, the word are from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, so they should be space themed.

Mark really improved on my idea.

In addition to the stars, there are planets and the like, and much more color than I envisioned. I'm as happy as a pig in shit.

If I get a wild hair, I may post again with pix (or just edit this post), if not, you'll just have to wait until tomorrow.....

Buenos con queso,

T.

No comments: