Friday, February 08, 2008

Well, I don't know how much better this will be.....

I told you when I started this whole 'post every day for a year' that I'd have some lame posts.

Last night's was lame for 2 reasons.

Firstly, I was having major back pain. That always fucks up anything I want to do. It's been on the edge of going out for about a week now, and it's edging into the danger area of total meltdown.

I've literally spent a week on my back when it's at it's worst.

Secondly, as I was in the throes of said disabilting pain, I had visitors.

We drank some beer and played some COD:4, and I was in pain the whole time. They left, and I was trying to find some respite when I remembered that I hadn't posted. It's a mark of my dedication to you all (or a mark of something at least) that I hauled my broken ass out of bed to post.

Oh, here's a tidbit:

My tat's are itching.

That's not a news flash, nor is it unexpected, but it doesn't make them itch any less. It's maddening. I mean, there is a simple solution.

Well, I suppose there are two. You can scrach, and pull the ink out, thus fucking up the entire process, or you can slap the itchy area, and that usually works as well, if not better, than actually scratching.

Well, I'm not a scratcher, but the other solution has it's own problems.

Firstly, being where they are, it's difficult to get to get a good swing at them. Have you ever tried to slap the back of your upper arm?

Yeah, I didn't think so.

Secondly, the location presents a problem in and of itself. Remember how worried I was about the amount of pain that the tat's would bring me given the number of nerve endings in the tricep area?

Yeah, well when you slap them, it's no fucking walk in the park.

So, I'm given the choice of suffering through the itch, or inflicting moderate amounts of spot pain upon myself.

In case you care (yeah right) I've been opting for the suffering.

Ok, so there you have it.

It may not be much better than last night's post, but it certainly is longer.

Buenos con queso,

T.

4 comments:

AndiePandie said...

You can slap those bad boys easy peasy, just hold your arm across your body and wrap your hand around the opposite shoulder or your neck. Um, but that doesn't do anything in terms of reducing the pain though. LOL

How come your back is bothering you? :(

T.J. said...

Thanks for the advice.

Oh, and I just have a bad back. Sometimes it griefs me for no reason at all. Like now.

I wish I had a tale of wild adventure to explain the pain, but sadly, I don't.

T.

AndiePandie said...

Sorry T, didn't mean to come across like an ass if that's what happened. It just seemed from your post that you were saying it was hard to reach the backs of your arms.

T.J. said...

That's one of the problems with the internet: no inflection.

I was actually thanking you for helping me find a way to expose my triceps to my slapping abuse.

Grin.

T.