Monday, February 25, 2008

Video killed the radio star.....

Did you know that the video for that song was the first ever played on MTV.

You know, back when the actually played videos on MTV.

I don't think I've watched MTV for longer than it's taken me to surf past it in like, what, 20 yrs now? In fact, it's currently on my list of 'should I just delete them from my tuner's channels' list, along with CSPAN, CSPAN2, All the home shopping channels, Hallmark, Lifetime, ABC Family, Disney, Bravo, and any channel that whores itself out to 'program length advertisements' between the hours of 10pm and 8 am.

Fuck, I remember when having cable meant you could actually find something worth watching on television. Of course, I also remember when cable meant you had a whopping 13 channels to choose from. There was no Hi-Def, there was no stereo T.V., and I was the remote control, for fuck's sake.

Now, my tuner has, I don't know, 60+ channels, and I very seldom find anything I can stomach, and if I do, it's usually a rerun. I can't even watch movies on network/cable t.v.

Most of the time, they're hacked, no, butchered to the point that you haven't even truly seen the movie. I mean, really, why even try to show something like Goodfellas, Scarface, or Pulp Fiction on a non-movie channel?

I mean, really.

And those aren't the only ones. Even PG13 movies get hacked to shit. Hell, G-rated movies even go under the knife. It sickens me.

Ok, I guess I'm done for now.

Buenos con queso,

T.

P.S. Terasia....get in touch with me, girl. We need to do lunch or something.....

No comments: