Saturday, December 01, 2007

I guess it was inevitable.....

Not only that I would tire of using movie quotes, but also that my sunglasses would die.

The pair I have (had) now haven't been around very long. 6mos tops.

But sunglasses are just one of those things.

I digress.....

I have a few pictures that I'm going to post tomorrow. There were some pretty interesting sights today.

Ok, I'm not going to get all maudlin, because Greg wouln't have wanted me to. The service was dignified, and there were some beautiful sentiments expressed (thank you wendy for your words), and thanks to Bruce, I actually 'lol'd' for real.

It was just a chuckle, and everybody else in the building laughed harder than I did. There were some tears too. I couldn't bring myself to speak. I just couldn't.

After the service we went to the community center and hung out. Everyone tried to be happy, and I talked to people I hadn't seen in years. All in all, it was a good celebration of his life.

Brob and Wendy (im sure youll be hearing more about them) opened their hearts and their house to us this evening. They had wine and cheese, and music, and most importantly, friendship and togetherness.

I had a couple of moments when it was touch and go, and I'm not surprised that I'm tearing up now, but again, it was a good celebration of his life. Everybody told fun Greg stories and some of us are already planning a camping trip in June (note to self ask for time off now).

Thanks also to Lynette for driving, and Pat for splitting the beer.

Thanks to Mark for his stories, and whatever realtive of Woobie that was.

Thanks to Rich and Owen, and Bruce (and im not sure how to spell) Shealey, and Denise and all of you.

Oh, now a brief explanation of the new photo up top:

I was standing on Brob and Wendy's back porch, and I was trying to take a picture of the big cloud in the bottom of the frame. It was dark, and the camera chose somethin like a one or 3 second shutter speed, and I just held still, and tried to keep the camera steady. As you can see, I got more than I bargained for. Everyone at the party (and everybody else) agrees that that's Greg's face in the upper lefthand corner of the image.

On that note:

Carne del diablo,

T.

3 comments:

Beth said...

It looks like he is smiling down on all of his friends and family. :)

*hugs*

Kelwhy said...

i've got goosebumps. sounds like a very nice day... for what it was...

T.J. said...

Yeah, it was good friendship and fellowship....but it still had some very sad bits.

T.