Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I've decided to go to Japan.....

Not like tomorrow or anything, but I'm going to do it.

You see, I've been facinated with all things Japanese for a long time now.

The people. The culture. The martial arts.

All of it. Even before I saw Shogun as a kid.

I think I may have been Japanese in a previous life. I'm not really sure of the level of belief I have in acutal reincarnation, and it usually varies in direct proportion with my blood alcohol level, but if it's real, I know I was Japanese before.

'What prompted this momentous decision,' I can hear you ask.

Well, let me tell you. I was farting around on Travelocity/Expedia, and just randomly plugging in cities and dates, so I'm not sure if it's off season or not, and believe me when I actually go (in a year and a half or so) I'll pay more attention, but I found a 2 week trip with a 3 star hotel and round-trip air fare for just about 2 grand.

That's pretty fuckin' cheap if you ask me. Not that you did, but I'd happily pay that kind of money to hang out in Tokoyo for 2 weeks. So, I'm starting to save now so that when the time comes, I'll have spending money too.

Oh, and Kelwhy.....We must be, like, totally on the same wavelength, because even as I was ending my post yesterday, I was thinking of putting a link in to this post. Kinda funny, no?

Buenos con queso,

T.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've really been wanting to go to China recently! It's so close, yet so far away...

-h. said...

Seriously - check out gaijinsmash.com ... it's the same guy that writes outpost nine. Hilarious shit right there.

Princess Sparkle Pants said...

Okay, so you better save up A LOT of cash for Tokyo, 'cause it is expensive, but it is SOOOO fun, and the Saki- I mean, THE SAKI! But, you might want to consider Bangkok, where I spent almost two weeks and had such, such, SUCH fun, though it was hot. And it is SUPER cheap, too, so there's that. And it's Thailand, so you can totally pretend you are Bridget Jones. Just sayin.

Kelwhy said...

Thank you for the link! That is so funny - I just could not remember...

Now, Japan - that's pretty awesome - definitely on my places to see list. I've been to China - it was gorgeous.