Thursday, December 06, 2007

Play it again, Sam.....

Did you know that Humphrey Bogart never said that in Casablanca?

Much the way Cary Grant never said 'Judy, Judy, Judy.'

I'm not sure where the Grant quote got distorted from, but if you watch Bogen & Bacall in Casa, you will see that the closest he ever gets is when he says something along the lines of 'you played it for her, you can play it for me.'

I'm not sure why that's on my mind tonight....

It may be the alcohol.

Or, it may be that I'm just tired as Hell, and need to sleep.

It may just be that I wanted to talk about it.

I'm not sure. Which, by extension, means that none of you will ever have so much as a clue as to why I chose to bring this up.

That makes me feel empowered.

Or some such happy horseshit. Look for more coherence and insight tomorrow.....

Siesta con agua,

T.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Uh. Yeah, what you said.

I need to rent Casablanca. I haven't seen it in ages.