Monday, December 17, 2007

There are some jokes I can't tell at work.....

Not because I'm being politically correct, or because I think I might offend someone. I've always thought that political correctness could kiss my non-existant white ass, and offending people with jokes is one reason we tell them, is it not?

No, this self-prohibition from jokes centers around the fact that people wouldn't get them, and I hate having to explain my jokes. Perhaps I should clarify that a bit. Just so you know, I'm not above repeating a bad pun, or pointing out the irony of a situation.

Hell, that's what I do. No, it's more along the lines of topical jokes. You know, the ones based on celebs or other people in the news. You see, most of the people I work with weren't even born when I was in High School. My bosses get them, cause we/re actually about the age. If, however, I was to ask C for instance 'What did Robert Wagner say to Natalie Wood the night she died?' I'm pretty sure she wouldn't even know who those people are.

Oh, and in case you're wondering 'I don't mind if you drink dear, just don't go overboard.'

Now you see, that's pretty funny. But it's very age specific, and requires you to know people from years ago that aren't all that prominent now.

Couple more things:

I was trying that whole 'comment verification' thing, but I'm not sure it was working. If you commented in the past couple days and it hasn't shown up, please comment again. I turned that crapola off.

Mark your calendars folks, cause I go under the needle again on February the 1st, this time to pay homage to Douglas Adams, and all things Hitchhiker related.

Well, except for the movie, that totally sucked donkey balls.

Or monkey balls.

Or both.

In any event, as you're prolly dying of curiosity, I'm getting the words 'Don't Panic' on the backs of my arms.

You'll either get that, or you won't. If you do, thanks for reading. If you don't, go get a copy of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and if you can't afford one, let me know, I'll buy you one.

Ok, that's me done.

Carne del diablo,

T.

3 comments:

Princess Sparkle Pants said...

I have a picture of myself at my high school graduation party, holding both hands out. Right hand? 4... Left? 2...

T.J. said...

Right on...

It know it's gonna hurt, cause there are sooooo many nerve endings back there, but I think it's a perfect location for the sentiment.....

T.

Kelwhy said...

ok - guess i gotta go buy that now. It's one of those books that has always been on my list to read, but for whatever reason - just never got around to it... hmmm...