Thursday, March 20, 2008

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K.....

Greetings, my excellent friends.

I'm not going to post the links today, but I'm sure you've heard the stories of the 'miracle rescues' from the water ravaged flood zones.

Ok, great. These dumbasses are alive.

My ire lies in the fact that they are also clearly idiots. Now, living in a desert as I do, it's not always a factor. We don't get lots of rain all the time. I mean, it is a desert after all. Sometimes though, it seems we get all of our seasonal rainfall from 3 or 4 storms during the summer.

I mean, I've seen it raining so hard here it's hard to see across the driveway outside. Whenever severe storms are predicted, they trot out all the warnings. Stay away from small streams, they may flood.

Don't stand under tall trees, lightning may strike.

And perhaps the most important one: DON'T DRIVE ACROSS WATER COVERING THE ROADWAY!!!!

That's the one the pisses me off about these stupid fuckers. They only need to be rescued because they were out when they shouldn't have been, and didn't turn around when the should have.

As I said, I'm not posting the link, I am going to quote the Fox news dot com story, becuse it pretty much says it all:

"The biggest problem has been people driving into floodwater," said Frank Young, emergency management director in Warren County. "There are a lot of stupid people. When that sign says 'Road closed, high water,' that's what it means."


The defense rests.

Buenos con queso,

T.

1 comment:

Kelwhy said...

c'mon - tell us how you really feel about it...