Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Today was a very interesting day.....

A couple of the things that happened were Call of Duty related, and won't mean much to y'all, but I'ma tell ya anyhow.....

First, the 'fix a lot of stuff that's been wrong' patch (that weve been waiting for for months) was released. That's a pretty big deal, even if you don't think so.

Secondly, I achieved level 55, which is the highest rank you can get (unless you do prestige but thats another story)

Thirdly, I got an email today. See, I sold abass on ebay the other day. It's a very sweet guitar, and as you can see, it went for a fair amount of money. The gentleman that purchased it paid by phone rather than Paypal. That's not unheard of, but for high ticket items, it's definitely not the norm.

There were no hiccups, and everything went just peachy. Now, to the email.

It went something like this:

TJ ... received the Vox bass this afternoon, thank you so much for packing the bass so well ... it is a treasure. You might be interested to know that I am the original bass player in my brother Steve Miller's band ... The Steve Miller band ... my original bass is now in the Fender Museum in Compton, California. I collect vintage instruments and I want to thank you for taking such care in protecting this one. I've left a kind word for you on your feedback site (you deserve it). If in the future you come across something that you think I might be interested in ... please contact me at xxxxxxxxxxx@xxx.xxx. Thank you very much, George "Buddy" Miller

As you can see, I've edited his email, but other than that, it's spot on.

I of course responded in kind, and left him glowing feedback on ebay as well. I just think it's cool as hell that he's the one that bought the bass.

Just so you know, I'm a big fan of The Steve Miller Band.....and have been for years now.

Well, I'll leave you with that.

Buenos con queso,

T.

2 comments:

Princess Sparkle Pants said...

That makes you, like, famous! Like that time when Jim Jamison of Survivor kissed me. I was famous, then, too! We ROCK.

T.J. said...

Well, internet famous.

Which is almost as good.....

T.