Tuesday, March 25, 2008

You get to make the first selection in the Double Jeopardy round.....

Which is just Alex Thedick's polite way of saying 'yoooooou suuu uuuuuck.' As you may (or may not) know, the person with the lowest score always goes first in Double Jeopardy.

Ok, so continuing the trend of the post having little or nothing to do with the title, I'm going to do a meme that PSP tagged me with.

This could very well be the first time I've ever been tagged, tho I do seem to remember (vaguely) that Sandra may have sent me a music related one at some time in the dim past.....

So, without futher ado, I present to you:

Four Things


4 Films I'd watch again (in no particular order)


Only 4? Really? Hell, I'll prolly watch 4 films 'again' this week, but here goes:

1. The Princess Bride. This one is a classic. One of my ATF's. I've seen this one so many times, I can do almost all the dialogue. Now, to learn swordplay.

2. Pulp Fiction. One of Quentin's best, IMHO. Sure, it jumps around. Sure it's violent. It also has: drug use, violence, crime and rape. Despite all that, it also has complex characters, an intricately strutured plot and a phenomenal cast. Another ATF.

3. Dogma. This one's got it all: Heaven vs. Hell, angels, demons, prophets, an epic pilgrimage, death, ressurection, God, skeeball, and platypus jokes. Like Pulp Fiction, it's got a great cast, and a great story. It's also contains a fair amount of surprisingly accurate biblical history. Oh, and Salma Hayek dressed (or undressed if you like) as a stripper. Yum. It's also the most stand alone of Kevin Smith's movies, with the possible exception of Clerks, his 1st one. But if you see that you're almost required to see the rest. If you haven't, you should see them all.

4. This is Spinal Tap. This one truly is a classic, and not just by my reckoning. It's Rob Reiner's directorial debut, and chronicles the escapades of the wholly fictional rock band Spinal Tap. The three core members, David St. Hubbins--Michael McKean, Nigel Tufnel--Christopher Guest, and Derek Smalls--Harry Shearer play their roles to perfection. This 'mocumentary' is shot as if it was a serious film, but in fact, it is made up from whole cloth. Look for a host of cameos (including billy crystal and bruno kirby) and rock out to such 'Tap classics as Big Bottoms and Sex Farm. This one is a must see!!


4 Places I've lived:


1. Altamonte Springs, FL. For about a year, after High School.

2. Morro Bay, CA. For a couple years while I was getting my A.A. from Cuesta College.

3. Carson City NV. (duh)

4. Walnut Creek CA.

4 T.V. shows I watch:


1. Dirt. It's sexy & scandalous, and I can't get enough of it.

2. Two and a Half Men. This one is pee your pants funny.

3. The Simpsons. I'm well started with my 'seasons on DVD collection.'

4. L.A. Ink. Kat VonD is fuckin' hawt, and I want her to ink me. Well, I'll prolly actually get mine from Hannah, as I want a pin-up girl, and she's rock solid with that type of tat.

4 Things to eat:


1. Also Cadbury Creme Eggs. Gonna have to go with PSP on this one. Yummm!!

2. Pringles Cheesums. These are, and will always be, the shit.

3. Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey. If ice cream were sex, this would be all over it, and I would have it every day.

4. Pizza. Thick crust, thin crust, combo, cheese, hot or cold. You name it, I'll eat it. As long as there are NO ANCHOVIES on it.

4 Places I'd rather be:


1. Tokyo, Japan.

2. Pipeline beach, north shore Oahu HI.

3. Disneyland.

4. Almost anywhere, if I were being paid to take pix and write about it.

4 People to tag:


1. Kelwhy, cause she's hot.

2. Kat, cause she's my internet 'hump buddy.'

3. Sandra, cause she's the only blogger/reader I've met in person.

4. Sue, cause she's a MMORPG'er.

That's all '4' now.

Buenos con queso,

T.

6 comments:

Beth said...

I'll try to hop on that tomorrow/later today, "internet hump buddy".

*humps*

Princess Sparkle Pants said...

Did you know that I am semi-in-love with Alex Trebek? Am I going to have to defend his honor??

T.J. said...

I suppose he's prolly a nice enough guy, he just comes across as mildly-moderately irritating on the show.

And his smartier-than-thou attitude grates on me. I'd be smart if I had the answers printed out too.

T.

Andie Pandie said...

Your first three movies are on my list as well. I can't say the 4th only because I haven't seen that all the way through yet.

Kat Von D is hawt but dude she needs to lose the 80s glam stretch pants.

T.J. said...

And with any luck, she'll lose them on my bedroom floor.....

T.

Kelwhy said...

finished! finally! ;)

i think you're hawt too - thank you!
[blushing]