Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Ah, Venice.....

Not that I've ever been, mind you.

I'm watching Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and that line crops up in the movie a couple times.

Contrary to movie trilogies, I actually like this one. The first one, of course, is a classic. The second one kinda sucked. I think they blew it by putting too much action into the 1st 15 minutes or so, and then the next hour or so is just slooooooow story telling.

And then, the 3rd one. It rocks. Well paced, good story, funny in the right places. A true gem.

Most movie properties, by the time they reach the 3 movie, or heaven forbid the 6th or 7th, have lost much of their original appeal.

Die Hard is another one that I like. 1st movie, again a classic. 2nd one kinda sucked. 3rd another fantistic flick. I have yet to see the 4th one, so I must reserve judgement on that.

I have high hopes for the 4th Indy movie (currently in the works), but we'll see. Karen Allen will reprise her role, and brings with her Indy's 21-year-old son, played by Shia LaBeouf
.

By all accounts, it should be a good film, but time will tell.

I've got some good pix lined up for Thursday, so stay tuned.

Buenos con queso,

T.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you read the book THE SECOND VENICE, by Askin Ozcan, you won't be disappointed.A truly humorous
masterpiece...
ISBN 1598000888 Outskirts Press
154 pgs. $16.95

http;//outskirtspress.com/thesecondvenice

sold on major internet shops.