Friday, July 13, 2007

Now the fun begins.....

The one thing about getting a tattoo that I find most inconvenient is the first 3 days or so. 3 times a day, you have to wash it and then apply an antibacterial ointment (im using a & d) to insure that it doesn't get infected.

I mean, it is an open wound.

At the best of times, this is a pain in the ass. When the tat is on your shoulder (my fault i know) it's like trying to walk on marbles.

Well, maybe not that tough, but it's truly difficult.

In other news, I went and saw Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

I'm not going to spoil it by going into too much detail, as I know at least one of you is following the books/movies, but sigh.

I have to say that while there were some great moments in the movie, and the effects were awesome, that overall, there was a lot of disappointment for me.

I know it's a long book, and that there is some stuff that needs to be edited so that the movie won't be 5 hours long, but for the love of mike, you think they'd at least read the book before making the movie.

What I don't get is this: When they made the Lord of the Rings movies (butchered in my humble opinion) J. R. R. Tolkien could not protest, as he was dead.

J. K. Rowling? Yeah, pretty sure she's still with us, as she's still writing the fucking books. Why does she let them do this to her stuff? I find it disturbing on several levels.

Ok, guess I'm out for now.

Buenos con queso,

T.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

All I can say is Yay for your tatt and yay for your awesome camera! Go to dispatch dude. Go to take the typing test at Nevada Job connect for free. Submit your resume and go get paid three times what you were making.

AndiePandie said...

Shush! I love the LOTR movies! Some things bug me, like too much emphasis on the "love" between Arwen and Aragorn with Eowyn thrown in for a nice triangle, when that didn't happen at all.

But the HP movies I. cannot. stand. They are awful. I've seen previews for the OOTP and I must say I'm not impressed. Umbridge? Doesn't fit. The little showdown between Ron and Hermione during a DA practice, never happened. Meh.