Tuesday, July 03, 2007

The hunt begins anew.....

Something that I forgot to mention about my recent trip to the golf course:

I lost my sunglasses.

Far from being a unique thing, it is pretty much (please excuse the obvious reference) par for the course. I have horrible karma with sunglasses, as you may remember. This particular pair has been with me for quite a while tho. 4, maybe 5 years. I'm not sure really.

I had been wearing them while we golfed, but the curvature of the lenses was causing me some depth perception/forshortening problems, so I took them off and hung them on the back of my collar, ala Val Kilmer in Real Genius (great movie btw).

Sometime shortly after that, we came to a hole where the sun became an issue, and I reached back for them, only to find them gone. While unfortunate, it is not traumatic. I think I paid 7 or 8 dollars for them.

Maybe less.

With a nod towards the gods, I never spend more than 10 bucks on a pair anymore. I know I'm going to lose them, so I figure why bother? I'll prolly run through 3 or 4 pairs now, as I try to locate a pair that will stay with me.

Oh well, at least golf was fun.....

Pulpo ranchero,

T.

No comments: